Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an elegant twist on pancakes. It would be great for the holidays or brunch.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup thinly sliced apple (1-2 apples)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9-inch pie pan with non-stick spray.
- In small pan melt butter and add brown sugar. Cook until sugar melts, about 4 minutes, stir in cinnamon.
- Pour into prepared pan. Arrange apple slices evenly on top. set aside.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add buttermilk and egg and whisk until blended. Stir in melted butter.
- Pour over apples covering evenly. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown on edges.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto serving dish.
Finally! A breakfast voted unanimously yummy from all four kids. This was delicious.
It was too eggy tasting. Just personal preference.
As every other review said, this is delicious! Almost like having dessert for breakfast. I used one large Granny Smith apple but actually sliced it too thin. I used a 9" pie plate but think a 10'' might work out better; it would be less cake-like. Bacon or sausage would complement this nicely. Thanks for posting, akgrown. . . . Janet