1/1 Photo of Caramel Apple Oatmeal
7 hrs 5 mins
Barley adds a nutty flavor and texture complementing this creamy, apple-rich oatmeal. Load up your crockpot before bed>zzzzz-Sweet Dreams-zzzzz->Wake up 5-8 hours later to a lovely autumn breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and chopped in small pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (regular or steel-cut, not quick cooking)
- 1/4 cup pearl barley
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 6 Kraft caramels, unwrapped (1/8 of 14-oz. bag KRAFT Caramels found in the candy, seasonal or produce section by the apples)
- 6 ounces yogurt (vanilla is good, Target's Archer Farms brand has a Caramel Apple flavored yogurt that's divine in th)
- caramel syrup (Smucker's Sundae Syrup in the squeeze bottle is perfect)
- 1Spray your crockpot with cooking spray. This is an important step as I find that all overnight oatmeal recipes stick to the sides of the pot. If you have an older model without an insert that removes for cleaning, you may want to skip this and other oatmeal recipes, or slow cook during the day so you're available for intermittent stirring.
- 2Dump the apples, barley, oatmeal and cider in the crockpot, and stir well. Place the caramels on top. This can be done earlier in the evening, but wait until you go to bed to turn the crockpot on LOW.
- 3When you wake up, empty the yogurt into the slow cooker and stir. Let it warm through, stir again, and then spoon into serving bowls. Turn off the crockpot.
- 4Spoon the creamy apple goodness into serving bowls, discarding any parts that stuck to the sides of the pot. Drizzle with caramel syrup and ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apple Oatmeal
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.1
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 13.2 mg
- Sodium 118.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 33.7 g
- Protein 9.7 g