Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serve up these bars this fall for a tasty treat.
Make and share this Caramel Apple Oat Squares recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 20 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt, cut in butter until crumbly.
- Reserving 1-1/2 cups crumb mixture, press remainder on bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Add nuts to reserved crumb mixture.
- In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt caramels with Condensed Milk , stirring until smooth.
- Spoon apple filling over prepared crust, top with caramel mixture, then reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
- Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.