Tastes as good as grandma's.
Make and share this Caramel Apple Oat Squares recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 1⁄2 cups granny smith apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375*. Grease a 13x9 inch baking ban.
- Combine brown sugar and butter in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer set at high speed until light and fluffy. Add oats, pecans and salt and mix well. Reserve 1 cup of oat mixture.
- Press remaining oat mixture over bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Combine apples and flour in medium bowl and toss to coat. Spread the apple mixture over the prepared layer.
- Drizzle the caramel ice cream topping over the apple mixture. Sprinkle with the reserved oat mixture. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 12 squares.