1/1 Photo of Caramel Apple Oat Squares
Tastes as good as grandma's.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups granny smith apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375*. Grease a 13x9 inch baking ban.
- 2Combine brown sugar and butter in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer set at high speed until light and fluffy. Add oats, pecans and salt and mix well. Reserve 1 cup of oat mixture.
- 3Press remaining oat mixture over bottom of prepared baking pan.
- 4Combine apples and flour in medium bowl and toss to coat. Spread the apple mixture over the prepared layer.
- 5Drizzle the caramel ice cream topping over the apple mixture. Sprinkle with the reserved oat mixture. Bake for 25 minutes.
- 6Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 12 squares.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apple Oat Squares
Serving Size: 1 (2005 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.3
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.6 mg
- Sodium 312.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 3.1 g