Not sure where this came from, a friend gave it to me and we have enjoyed it for years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups unsifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold margarine or 1 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 20 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2In large bowl, combine flour, spices if using, oats, sugar, baking soda and salt; cut in margarine until crumbly.
- 3Reserving 1-1/2 cups crumb mixture, press remainder on bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan.
- 4Bake 15 minutes.
- 5Add nuts to reserved crumb mixture.
- 6In heavy sauce pan, over low heat, melt caramels with sweetened condensed milk, stirring until smooth, add vanilla.
- 7Spoon apple pie filling over prepared crust; top with caramel mixture then reserved crumb mixture.
- 8Bake 20 minutes or until set.
- 10Serve warm with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apple Oat Squares
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.5
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 436.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 45.1 g
- Protein 8.0 g