Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Amazingly simple and who doesn't like a caramel apple? I like mine dipped in chopped pecans or toasted sliced almonds,
- caramel sauce (try Caramel in a Can as it is ridiculously simple and can be made ahead)
- apple, cut into chunks (I like granny smith or other crisp and crunchy apples, use what you want.)
- pecans, chopped (or walnuts or almonds, etc. Toast them if you want)
- I like to heat the caramel just a bit in the microwave, about 20 seconds. I think its easier to dip. Recipe # 477443 it will do about 2 large apples or make your favorite or, if you must, melt caramels from the store.
- When I cut the apples, I leave the skin on and cut each quarter into 3 slices and each slice into then 3 pieces.
- Try 1, if the caramel won't stay on the apple, consider towel drying the apples.
- Place a toothpick in apple chunk, dip in the caramel (use your finger to spread it if it is not sticking well).
- Then dip it in the nuts. Feel free to use other stuff instead of nuts. Coconut, graham cracker crumbs, shaved chocolate or mini chocolate chips, sprinkles are among those that come to mind.
- Repeat until done.
- These make great appetizers or dessert bites.
- OR, put the caramel in a small heated container and put the nuts and other things around it. Give your guests a long skinny fork, like a fondue fork and let them dip their own.