Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is made with apple pulp so I would call it kind of an apple jam/butter/applesauce - however you try to use it - its delish! I use the pulp left over from my applejuice but you could cook the apples and then put them through the food mill if you wanted. It comes from Chickens in the Road - they have so many great recipes you should check them out!
- Get your water boiling in your canning pot, rack tucked inside. Boil lids in another, smaller, pot, and remove to dry on a paper towel using tongs. While water is coming to a boil in your big pot with the rack, place prepared apple pulp in another large pot.
- Add pectin and bring to a full, rolling boil. (Add 1/2 teaspoon butter to reduce foaming if needed.).
- Meanwhile, get your sugars measured and ready. As soon as apple pulp and pectin are at the boil, add sugars and the 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon all at once.
- Return to boil and keep at the full, rolling boil for one minute.
- Remove from heat and ladle immediately into clean jars. Place lids on top, screw on bands, and lower onto rack in your pot of boiling water. Cover and boil 10 minutes.