Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg flavors come together in this jam.
- 6 cups diced peeled apples (1/8-inch cubes)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 1 package powered fruit pectin
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In large pot combine apples, water and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until apples are soft.
- Stir in pectin and bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Add the sugars, cinnamon, and nutmeg; return to rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and skim off any foam. Ladle hot jam into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Process for 10 min in boiling water bath.
My mother never canned so I had to learn all on my own. Methinks we were a generational mismatch. Delightfully delicious!
Soo yummy! Can't get enough of it. I didn't have nutmeg so didn't put that in but otherwise made it the same. Making more to give as gifts because I'm hoarding the first batch for myself. I preferred this over Apple pie jam.