Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great recipe that is made ahead -- super for busy holiday mornings!
Make and share this Caramel Apple French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup and cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Pour into 9 x 13 glass baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam first.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup chopped pecans.
- Place one layer sliced French bread on syrup and pecans (equals 6 slices). Top each slice of bread with sliced apples.
- Combine eggs, milk, and vanilla in blender (or use a stick blender), then pour half and mixture over first layer.
- Place second layer of sliced French Bread on top of apples and cover with remaining egg and milk mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg and bake uncovered for 60-70 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Each person is served one double-layer serving.
- It can be served with whipped cream.
Yummy breakfast on a chilly Sunday morning. The top layer of bread toasted up nicely and I loved the apples with the cinnamon and nutmeg. There wasn't as much caramel taste as I had hoped. Maybe double the syrup next time? I also used walnuts instead of pecans since that's all I had.