Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Something fun for Mexican night or Cinco de Mayo.
- 1 (36 count) packagefrozen rolls, dough thawed per package directions
- 10 caramel candies, each cut into 4 pieces
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 2⁄3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets. Heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine caramel pieces and flour. Add apples, caramel topping and lemon juice; mix well.
- Place dough for one roll on lightly floured surface; roll into 4-inch circle. Spoon about 2 tablespoons apple mixture onto lower half; brush edges with milk. Fold dough in half; crimp edges with fork. Repeat with remaining dough. Brush each empanada with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake empanadas for 15 minutes or until golden brown; serve warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.