1/1 Photo of Caramel Apple Dessert Squares
1 hr 20 mins
It is apple picking season here in Maine and this is an awsome recipe for apples. The caramel forms while it bakes. This comes from the bisquick web site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat Bisquick baking mix
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 medium cooking apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or my sweet spice blend Sweet Spice Blend)
- 1 cup boiling water
- sweetened whipped cream (optional) or ice cream (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Mix Bisquick and granulated sugar in medium bowl.
- 3Stir in milk until blended.
- 4Pour into ungreased square pan, 9x9x2 inches.
- 5Top with apples; sprinkle with lemon juice.
- 6Mix brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
- 7Pour boiling water over apples.
- 8(DO NOT STIR) Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Serve warm with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apple Dessert Squares
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.6
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 2.3 mg
- Sodium 230.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 41.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g