Recipe by i_luv_chocolate
This is a recipie that I originally got from a Pampered Chef cookbook, only I added more peanut butter to it, and soaked my apples in lemon juice to avoid them from turning brown.
Top Review by Lawsome
My sister got this same recipe from her foods class. Everytime she makes it, it's a huge success! There are just a few slight differences between recipes. Her recipe calls for an 18 oz. roll of cookie dough, as I have seen in other recipes. Also, she used lemon lime soda in place of the lemon juice and topped the pizza with pecans. Great recipe!
- 226.79 g roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 44.37 ml flour
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed or 118.29 ml Splenda brown sugar blend
- 118.29 ml creamy peanut butter (your choice, to desired taste)
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 3 granny smith apples
- 236.59 ml lemon juice
- cinnamon, for sprinkling
- 59.14 ml caramel ice cream topping, softened enough to drizzle
- 118.29 ml finely chopped peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut roll of cookie dough in half and set 1 half aside for another pizza.
- Add flour to remaining dough and knead with.
- hands to combine.
- Spray pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray, so pizza does not stick.
- Press dough into a 14 inch circle on pizza pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cookie is lightly browned.
- Let cool completely.
- With spatula or bread knife under crust, loosen cookie from pan.
- Blend cream cheese, brown sugar (or brown.
- sugar/splenda blend), vanilla, and peanut butter until smooth.
- Spread on cooled cookie crust.
- Peel, core, and slice apples into slices. Put apple slices in bowl with 1 cup lemon juice to keep slices from turning brown. Arrange apple slices on cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle pizza lightly with cinnamon.
- Heat caramel ice cream topping slighly, then drizzle on top of apples on pizza.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts over entire pizza.
- Let set for a few minutes, then cut into pieces.