Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipie that I originally got from a Pampered Chef cookbook, only I added more peanut butter to it, and soaked my apples in lemon juice to avoid them from turning brown.
- 1 (8 ounce) roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed or 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter (your choice, to desired taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 granny smith apples
- 1 cup lemon juice
- cinnamon, for sprinkling
- 1⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping, softened enough to drizzle
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut roll of cookie dough in half and set 1 half aside for another pizza.
- Add flour to remaining dough and knead with.
- hands to combine.
- Spray pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray, so pizza does not stick.
- Press dough into a 14 inch circle on pizza pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cookie is lightly browned.
- Let cool completely.
- With spatula or bread knife under crust, loosen cookie from pan.
- Blend cream cheese, brown sugar (or brown.
- sugar/splenda blend), vanilla, and peanut butter until smooth.
- Spread on cooled cookie crust.
- Peel, core, and slice apples into slices. Put apple slices in bowl with 1 cup lemon juice to keep slices from turning brown. Arrange apple slices on cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle pizza lightly with cinnamon.
- Heat caramel ice cream topping slighly, then drizzle on top of apples on pizza.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts over entire pizza.
- Let set for a few minutes, then cut into pieces.
My sister got this same recipe from her foods class. Everytime she makes it, it's a huge success! There are just a few slight differences between recipes. Her recipe calls for an 18 oz. roll of cookie dough, as I have seen in other recipes. Also, she used lemon lime soda in place of the lemon juice and topped the pizza with pecans. Great recipe!