Recipe by Marney
This is out of my 2009 Betty Crocker calendar. I'm posting it here for safekeeping. (And posting publicly since I couldn't find it).
Top Review by appliance queen
I too had that calendar and I finally made the dessert. It is really good. The caramel is at the bottom of the pan when done cooking and the cake is nice and moist. A tad too sweet for me so I would cut down on the sugar in the baking mix part. I aslo put more cinnamon in because we likes our cinnamon! But, otherwise a delicious easy dessert to make. Make sure you use boiling water for the top as stated
- 1 1⁄2 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 medium cooking apples, peeled, sliced (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup boiling water
- sweetened whipped cream or ice cream, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. In medium bowl, mix Bisquick mix and granulated sugar. Stir in milk until blended. Pour into ungreased 9-inch square pan.
- Top with apples; sprinkle with lemon juice. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Pour boiling water over apples.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream.