This recipe is from Quick Cooking - September/October 2001. I use the paper liners for the jumbo muffin pans because it makes for easier transporting of the cupcakes. They seem to stay fresher, too. These are great for a bake sale or even for a Halloween party.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; fold in apples.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups (Texas-size) three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a saucepan, melt the caramels and milk over low heat until smooth.
- Cool for a little bit so when you ice the cupcakes the caramel won't drip down the sides.
- Spread caramel over cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Insert a wooden stick into the center of each cupcake.