Midwest Maven's Note:
These sound perfect for the great Fall weather and holidays coming up!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix (plus the ingredients to prepare the mix) or 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix (plus the ingredients to prepare the mix)
- 1 cup dried apple, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and line 24 (2 1/2 inch) muffin pan cups with paper liners.
- 2Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- 3Stir in apples and spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- 4Bake 15-20 minutes, or until toothpicks inserted into centers come out clean.
- 5Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely on the racks.
- 6For Caramel Frosting:.
- 7Melt butter in a 2 quart saucepan.
- 8Stir in brown sugar, evaporated milk, and salt.
- 9Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; remove from heat and cool to lukewarm.
- 10Beat in powdered sugar until frosting is of spreading consistency.
- 11Beat in vanilla until smooth, and then frost cupcakes.
- 12Sprinkle cupcakes with chopped nuts for garnish.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apple Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.2
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 5.7 mg
- Sodium 174.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 38.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g