Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
These sound perfect for the great Fall weather and holidays coming up!
Make and share this Caramel Apple Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix (plus the ingredients to prepare the mix) or 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix (plus the ingredients to prepare the mix)
- 1 cup dried apple, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- chopped nuts (for garnishing)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and line 24 (2 1/2 inch) muffin pan cups with paper liners.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Stir in apples and spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until toothpicks inserted into centers come out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely on the racks.
- For Caramel Frosting:.
- Melt butter in a 2 quart saucepan.
- Stir in brown sugar, evaporated milk, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; remove from heat and cool to lukewarm.
- Beat in powdered sugar until frosting is of spreading consistency.
- Beat in vanilla until smooth, and then frost cupcakes.
- Sprinkle cupcakes with chopped nuts for garnish.