Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
These sound perfect for the great Fall weather and holidays coming up!
Make and share this Caramel Apple Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix (plus the ingredients to prepare the mix) or 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix (plus the ingredients to prepare the mix)
- 1 cup dried apple, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- chopped nuts (for garnishing)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and line 24 (2 1/2 inch) muffin pan cups with paper liners.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Stir in apples and spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until toothpicks inserted into centers come out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely on the racks.
- For Caramel Frosting:.
- Melt butter in a 2 quart saucepan.
- Stir in brown sugar, evaporated milk, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; remove from heat and cool to lukewarm.
- Beat in powdered sugar until frosting is of spreading consistency.
- Beat in vanilla until smooth, and then frost cupcakes.
- Sprinkle cupcakes with chopped nuts for garnish.