Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the book Crazy About Cupcakes
Make and share this Caramel Apple Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled, cored and chopped small
- Preheat the oven to 350. Insert liners in a medium cupcake pan.
- In a large bowl beat together the brown sugar, oil, cinnamon and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add the eggs one at a time. Beat for 1 minute after each addition.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Beat until blended. Stir in the apples.
- Fill the cupcake liners one-half to three-quarters full with batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Didn't really taste any caramel but sure loved these muffins anyway!! :) Used about 3/4 cup light brown sugar and used 4 little McIntosh apples. Also added some cinnamon chips instead of cinnamon!! Thanks Julieannie!
Great easy recipe. I used Jonathan apples - around 2 1/2 apples actually. My dough was too thick like gum so I added a little 2% milk (maybe 2 tbsp) just before I stir apples into it. The muffins/cupcakes turned out moist and nice flavor. Maybe a little too much cinnamon for me, however I brought them to my office and they were gone before lunch. Thanks!