Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
these look like caramel apples..always sell at bake sales...try them they are delicious!
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 20 caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Combine flour, sugar, spices, soda and salt in bowl.
- Stir in applesauce, sour cream, oil, and lemon juice.
- Pour into muffin tins fitted with paper liners.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- let cool completely on rack.
- Spread caramel glaze on top of each cupcake and insert sticks.
- Garnish each rim with chopped walnuts.
- to prepare GLAZE:.
- melt caramels with mailk in small pan over low heat.stirring till smooth.
- it looks really nice to tie a red gingham bow on each stick.I used 6" lengths.
This is a cute idea. I found the cupcakes turned out more like a muffin and lacking a little flavor. It might be missing eggs. This is a recipe Id like to play with because it has a good start some things I would add are eggs and maybe instead of apple sauce use apple butter for more punch. Made for my three chefs.