Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A yummy recipe for you to try!
Make and share this Caramel Apple Crunch recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 33 caramels, divided
- 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons milk, divided
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Place the apples in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt 25 caramels with 2 tablespoons milk, stirring often; drizzle over apples.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, walnuts, salt and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 375°F for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt remaining caramels with remaining milk, stirring often until smooth. Drizzle over dessert and ice cream if desired.
This was great. I loved the topping. The apples came out tender and flavorful. Next time I will cut them a little thicker tho. Thank you for a wonderful dessert.