Recipe by internetnut
This would also work well with no sugar added cherries. I found this on Obesity Help. I have not tried this, just posting for safe keeping.
Ingredients for Apples
- 20 ounces no sugar added apple pie filling (Walmart brand recommended)
- Splenda sugar substitute
- chopped pecans
- sugar free caramel syrup (such as Torani or Cinnabliss if you have it)
- 3 drops almond extract
Ingredients for Crust
- 1 1⁄4 cups oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup almond flour
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Dumped apple topping into glass bread loaf dish. Add cinnamon, splenda, and chopped pecans. Add sugar free caramel syrup and Almond extract.
- Dump the crust on top of your apples. I decoratively arranged pecan halves on top and drizzled with Cinnabliss caramel sauce on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for an additional 15-30 minutes. This recipe is best eaten warm. The crust can be somewhat soggy if chilled or cooled. Add a scoop of sugar free or low carb ice cream for an ala mode affect.