Recipe by mums the word
From the $7 a Meal Slow Cooker Cookbook. "Caramels melt together with apples in this delicious recipe, and the topping melts into a candy-like mixture." I must return this book to the library but wanted to save this recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granola cereal
- 4 cups apples, peeled and thickly sliced
- 14 caramel candies, unwrapped and chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 3 qt slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter, add pecans and rolled oats, cook and stir until roasted and fragrant.
- Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, cardamom and salt.
- Add granola cereal, stir and remove from heat.
- Place apple slices and caramels in prepared slow cooker, sprinkle with flour and pour in apple juice.
- Top with granola mixture.
- Cover and cook 6-7 hours on low or until the apples are tender and topping is set.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.