Prep 15 mins
Cook 144 hrs
From the $7 a Meal Slow Cooker Cookbook. "Caramels melt together with apples in this delicious recipe, and the topping melts into a candy-like mixture." I must return this book to the library but wanted to save this recipe.
- Spray a 3 qt slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter, add pecans and rolled oats, cook and stir until roasted and fragrant.
- Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, cardamom and salt.
- Add granola cereal, stir and remove from heat.
- Place apple slices and caramels in prepared slow cooker, sprinkle with flour and pour in apple juice.
- Top with granola mixture.
- Cover and cook 6-7 hours on low or until the apples are tender and topping is set.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.