Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious apple crisp with a twist. Caramel layer makes this rich and delicious. I love it with a scoop of cinnamon ice cream.
- 1⁄2 cup finely crushed vanilla wafer
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 cup quick oatmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups thinly sliced apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup caramel topping
- Combine wafers with nuts, oats, cinnamon and salt.
- Cut in margarine. Mix until it resembles large crumbs.
- Pat 1/2 into a 6.5x6.5 baking dish. Microwave for 1-1 1/2 minutes.
- Toss apples in lemon juice and arrange on top of crust.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over apples, then sprinkle remaining crumbs over top.
- Bake in microwave 4-5 minutes uncovered.
Pleasantly surprised! My whole family loved it. No more old fashioned brown sugar apple crisps for us.