1/4 Photos of Caramel Apple Cookies
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup apple juice, divided
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup apple, peeled and shredded
- 1Beat shortening and brown sugar in medium bowl until blended; beat in egg.
- 2Mix in 1/4 cup apple juice.
- 3Combined flour, baking soda, salt, and spices; mix in remaining 1/4 cup apple juice and apples.
- 4Drop by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto greased cookie sheets.
- 5Bake at 350 until browned, 10 to 12 minutesCool on wire racks.
- 6Spread with frosting and sprinkle each cookie with crushed walnuts.
- 7Caramel Frosting: Heat margarine, brown sugar, and water over medium high heat in saucepan,stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 8Remove from heat; beat in powdered sugar and enough milk to make spreadable consistency; use immediately.
- 9If frosting begins to harden, return to low heat and stir in more milk.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apple Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.8
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 8.9 mg
- Sodium 97.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 22.5 g
- Protein 1.7 g