Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I first made these in Home Ec class in high school. They are a little time consuming, but are so cute - just like mini taffy apples!
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 30 pieces caramel candies
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup peanuts, finely chopped
- 36 flat toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large bowl, beat powdered sugar, butter and 1 tablespoon of the apple juice concentrate until light and fluffy. Stir in four and salt.
- Shape dough into 3/4 inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 12-17 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Immediately insert toothpick in center of each cookie. Cool completely on wire racks.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, combine caramels, 2 tablespoons of apple juice concentrate and water. Cook until mixture is smooth, stirring constantly.
- Place nuts on a plate. Spoon caramel mixture over whole cookie, letting excess drip off. Press bottom of cookie into nuts; set on sheet of wax paper. Repeat with remaining cookies. If caramel becomes too thick, stir in more water 1/4 teaspoon at a time.
These were super easy and delicious! I didn't use the peanuts due to dd not liking nuts. This is definitely going to be a favorite in our house! Thanks for posting, JenniferK2!
This cookies were horrible!! I ended up throwing them away! I will never make them again. They had no flavor and the caramel was runny!