1/2 Photos of Caramel Apple Cookies
I first made these in Home Ec class in high school. They are a little time consuming, but are so cute - just like mini taffy apples!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2In large bowl, beat powdered sugar, butter and 1 tablespoon of the apple juice concentrate until light and fluffy. Stir in four and salt.
- 3Shape dough into 3/4 inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 12-17 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Immediately insert toothpick in center of each cookie. Cool completely on wire racks.
- 4In a heavy saucepan over low heat, combine caramels, 2 tablespoons of apple juice concentrate and water. Cook until mixture is smooth, stirring constantly.
- 5Place nuts on a plate. Spoon caramel mixture over whole cookie, letting excess drip off. Press bottom of cookie into nuts; set on sheet of wax paper. Repeat with remaining cookies. If caramel becomes too thick, stir in more water 1/4 teaspoon at a time.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apple Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (924 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1326.8
- Calories from Fat 610
- Total Fat 67.7 g
- Saturated Fat 31.0 g
- Cholesterol 115.5 mg
- Sodium 744.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 168.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 103.7 g
- Protein 21.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: