adena mangis's Note:
These are a nice treat for Halloween. The recipe comes from Redbook Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350°.
- 2Cut the cookie dough in half. Shape it into a ball and roll it out to 1/4-inch thickness.
- 3Take a 3-inch apple shaped cutter and cut the dough.
- 4Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 5Insert a wooden craft stick into the stem side of the apple, making sure it goes in halfway.
- 6Repeat the steps with the other half of the dough.
- 7Bake for 14 minutes(or until edges of cookies are light brown).
- 8Cool for 1 minute and remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- 9Unwrap the caramels and heat with the milk in a 1-quart glass bowl in the microwave for 3 minutes, stirring twice.
- 10Tilt the glass bowl so that the caramel moves to one side. Dip the face of the cookies into the caramel to coat. Scrape off any caramel from bottom of cookie.
- 11Sprinkle the cookies with the candy or sprinles.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apple Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.9
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.7 mg
- Sodium 81.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: