Prep 20 mins
Cook 14 mins
These are a nice treat for Halloween. The recipe comes from Redbook Magazine.
- 1 (18 ounce) packagerefrigerated cookie dough
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or 2 tablespoons milk
- candy sprinkles or decorative candies
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Cut the cookie dough in half. Shape it into a ball and roll it out to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Take a 3-inch apple shaped cutter and cut the dough.
- Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Insert a wooden craft stick into the stem side of the apple, making sure it goes in halfway.
- Repeat the steps with the other half of the dough.
- Bake for 14 minutes(or until edges of cookies are light brown).
- Cool for 1 minute and remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Unwrap the caramels and heat with the milk in a 1-quart glass bowl in the microwave for 3 minutes, stirring twice.
- Tilt the glass bowl so that the caramel moves to one side. Dip the face of the cookies into the caramel to coat. Scrape off any caramel from bottom of cookie.
- Sprinkle the cookies with the candy or sprinles.