Recipe by Sassy in da South
This was one of the homemade goodies we received in a Christmas basket from a friend with the recipe included. So I wanted to share this scrumptious treat with all of you. I made them for the first time this morning and they are absolutely delicious warm with the ooey gooey caramel topping.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cups Golden Grahams cereal, ground in food processor
- 1 roll Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 21 ounces apple pie filling
- 1 1⁄2 ounces nature valley oats n' honey crunchy granola bars (2 count, crushed)
- 9 1⁄2 ounces Kraft caramels
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine melted butter and ground cereal into a large bowl; press into an 8×8 inch baking dish lined with foil that’s been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven.
- Crumble half of the cookie dough over partially baked crust.
- Place cream cheese, sugar and vanilla into a mixer; beat until smooth.
- Pour over crumbled cookie dough layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes then remove from oven.
- Top with 3/4 of the apple pie filling (I think you could use the whole can). Next top with remaining cookie dough, breaking off into little pieces evenly over top.
- Sprinkle with crushed granola bars and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes clean from center.
- Let cool completely then cut into squares.
- Melt caramels and Half and Half according to package directions.
- Drizzle over each bar.
- Refrigerate leftovers.