1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Sassy in da South's Note:
This was one of the homemade goodies we received in a Christmas basket from a friend with the recipe included. So I wanted to share this scrumptious treat with all of you. I made them for the first time this morning and they are absolutely delicious warm with the ooey gooey caramel topping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cups Golden Grahams cereal, ground in food processor
- 1 roll Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 21 ounces apple pie filling
- 1 1/2 ounces nature valley oats n' honey crunchy granola bars (2 count, crushed)
- 9 1/2 ounces Kraft caramels
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine melted butter and ground cereal into a large bowl; press into an 8×8 inch baking dish lined with foil that’s been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven.
- 3Crumble half of the cookie dough over partially baked crust.
- 4Place cream cheese, sugar and vanilla into a mixer; beat until smooth.
- 5Pour over crumbled cookie dough layer.
- 6Bake for 25 minutes then remove from oven.
- 7Top with 3/4 of the apple pie filling (I think you could use the whole can). Next top with remaining cookie dough, breaking off into little pieces evenly over top.
- 8Sprinkle with crushed granola bars and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes clean from center.
- 9Let cool completely then cut into squares.
- 10Melt caramels and Half and Half according to package directions.
- 11Drizzle over each bar.
- 12Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apple Cookie Bars
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.3
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 44.9 mg
- Sodium 329.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 39.3 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Pillsbury sugar cookie dough