Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Luscious sweet apples and coconut with cinnamon and honey
- 4 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (I used brown splenda mix)
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup medium unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 400f degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together, brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, salt and coconut milk.
- Place apple slices in a 4 cup casserole with a lid; pour brown sugar mix over apples and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle coconut over and mix in; put the lid on and bake for 30 minutes.
So i poured the whole can of coconut milk in because I misread the recipe. Didn't mind though, because the sauce was delicious poured on ice cream. I wasn't big on the coconut flakes though, they gave more of a weird texture than any flavor.
This was delicious. I doubled the recipie. It came out of the oven quite wet but as it cooled the liquid set and was fantastic poured over vanilla ice cream!!! Thanks !!!
YUM!!! My family has always loved apple and cinnamon deserts, but this one has that extra something with the coconut. So easy too, I followed the directions exactly, didn't change a thing. Think I might even like this with an apple crumble topping, which would make DH happy too. Thanks Derf for a keeper. I got all the compliments, but they really belong to you.