Recipe by Derf
Luscious sweet apples and coconut with cinnamon and honey
Top Review by emlet2
So i poured the whole can of coconut milk in because I misread the recipe. Didn't mind though, because the sauce was delicious poured on ice cream. I wasn't big on the coconut flakes though, they gave more of a weird texture than any flavor.
- 4 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (I used brown splenda mix)
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup medium unsweetened coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400f degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together, brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, salt and coconut milk.
- Place apple slices in a 4 cup casserole with a lid; pour brown sugar mix over apples and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle coconut over and mix in; put the lid on and bake for 30 minutes.