1/1 Photo of Caramel Apple Cobbler
1 hr 15 mins
If you love apples and caramel, you should love this. Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, chilled
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 cups whipped cream, for serving
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°.
- 2Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish; add the apples.
- 3In a saucepan, bring the heavy cream, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the brandy, 2 tablespoons butter, the vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil, whisking.
- 4Lower the heat to medium and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes; pour over the apples.
- 5In a food processor, combine the flour, remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and the cinnamon.
- 6Cut the remaining 1 1/2 sticks butter into 1/2-inch pieces; add to the flour mixture and pulse until coarse crumbs form; stir in the nuts.
- 7Scatter the topping over the apples and bake until golden, 1 hour.
- 8Let cool for 10 minutes.
- 9Serve with the whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apple Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 930.1
- Calories from Fat 413
- Total Fat 45.9 g
- Saturated Fat 25.0 g
- Cholesterol 113.5 mg
- Sodium 341.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 123.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 88.1 g
- Protein 6.0 g