Prep 1 hr
Cook 34 mins
Posted by request
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) package brownie mix
- 2 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped peeled tart apples
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons cream or 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°; position oven rack in the lower third of the oven.
- Spray the bottom only of a 13x9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the brownie mix, oats, and melted butter with a wooden spoon until just blended and all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Press half of the mixture evenly in to prepared pan.
- Add chocolate chips to remaining crumbs.
- In another large bowl, toss together the chopped apples and flour; spread over prepared crust; set aside.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt caramels with cream, stirring occasionally, until melted.
- Pour caramel mixture evenly over apples; top with reserved crumb mixture and press down gently.
- Bake 30-34 minutes or until topping is set and firm to the touch.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.