Recipe by Manami
Paula's Home Cooking, Episode: Winter Warmers. These were enjoyed by all! Many different layers of taste.
Top Review by Meggy Boo
Cant.Stop.Eating.These. They are amazing! Halved the recipe and they turned out great. These would be awesome for a Thanksgiving dessert. I thought these would be very time consuming considering all the different layers but I had these babies together in no time. In the picture I took they were almost gone, there was a ton more. I cut them into squares and then diagonal.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened (2-8 oz packages)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup caramel topping
STREUSEL TOPPING use only 1 cup in recipe
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two forks until mixture is crumbly.
- Press evenly into a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Then add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour over warm crust.
- In a small bowl, stir together the chopped apples, 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly with Streusel topping.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until filling is set.
- Drizzle with caramel topping.
- MAKE STRUSEL TOPPING:.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.