Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
So yummy. I reserve this for extra-special occasions. Chills overnight.
Make and share this Caramel Apple Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine, melted
- 29.58 ml finely chopped pecans
- 3 (680.38 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3.69 ml vanilla extract
- 591.47 ml chopped peeled apples
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 88.74 ml caramel ice cream topping, divided
- sweetened whipped cream
- 29.58 ml chopped pecans
- Combine the first five ingredients; press onto the bottom of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes; cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs; beat on low just until combined.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over crust.
- Toss apples with lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon; spoon over filling.
- Place cheesecake/pan in a large rectangular baking pan filled with 2 inches of hot water; place in 350 degree oven and bake for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and water-filled pan and cool on a wire rack to 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen.
- Drizzle with 4 tablespoons caramel topping.
- Cool for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream.
- Drizzle with remaining caramel; sprinkle with pecans.
- Store in refrigerator.
What an incredible recipe! I have made this cheesecake several times and it is always a huge hit. I did "tweak" a couple things such as using 3 1/2 to 4 cups of Jonagold apples. I chop one cup up, toss the pieces in a little cinnamon, then add to the cream cheese mixture. Also, I squeeze a couple tablespoons of fresh lemon juice into the cream cheese mixture while mixing. Fabulous!
I don't know what I could have done wrong here, but it was NOT good. It was mushy, too wet, flavorless (even though I added lemon zest). Maybe the cottage cheese I used had too much liquid, but I doubled this recipe to make 2 cheesecakes, take one to work and ended up throwing them both out. What a waste of time and money. Very disappointing.
OMG!!! This was totally delish!!!! I made it for Thanksgiving and my mom wants me to bring it back for Christmas. Was disappointed that it cracked, but I think I will let it cool a little longer this time before removing the springform. This is one for the books!!!