Burgundy Damsel's Note:
From the I *heart* Cheesecake book. Haven't tried it yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 73.94 ml butter, melted
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 566.99 g apple pie filling
- 3 large apples, peeled cored and sliced
- 907.18 g cream cheese
- 177.44 ml dark brown sugar
- 44.37 ml cornstarch
- 4 large eggs
- 6.16 ml cinnamon
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml lemon extract
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 158.51 ml whipping cream or 158.51 ml sour cream
- 14.79 ml butter
- 78.07 ml dark brown sugar
- 6.16 ml cream of tartar
- 29.58 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 177.44 ml powdered sugar
- 1Graham Cracker Crust: Mix first four ingredients well. Press evenly into bottom on greased 9 inches cheesecake pan. Set aside.
- 2Have all ingred at room temp and preheat oven to 350.
- 3Caramel Apple pie Filling : Put apple pie filling in a small bowl. Remove 1 or 2 tbsp of sauce. Stir in fresh sliced apples.
- 4In large bowl, thoroughly beat cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch with an electric mixer.
- 5Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add cinnamon, vanilla and lemon extracts, and nutmeg.
- 6Pour half of batter onto crust. Spoon on 1 cup of pie filling.
- 7With some of remaining batter, make a rim around inside edge of pan, as if to seal filling inches Pour remaining batter over pie filling.
- 8Top with remaining pie filling. Without disturbing crust, swirl the handle of a knife through cake to distribute fruit evenly.
- 9Bake at 350 for 15 minute
- 10Reduce heat to 200 and bake 2 hrs or until center no longer looks shiny or wet.
- 11Remove from oven and run knife around inside edge of pan. Turn oven off and return cake to over for additional 2 hours Chill overnight.
- 12Caramel Frosting:
- 13In a small, heavy saucepan, melt butter.
- 14Stir in brown sugar, cream of tartar, and milk. Bring to a boil.
- 15Turn heat off and cool to lukewarm, about 110*.
- 16Stir in vanilla and powdered sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until creamy – add a little milk if too thick. It will thicken after it is on the cake. Spread warm frosting on the cake, creating a design. Keep chilled.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apple Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 650.7
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.1 g
- Cholesterol 187.4 mg
- Sodium 408.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 46.4 g
- Protein 9.3 g