Recipe by HELEN W.
From Paula Deen but made some changes. To die for! I have made this several times with rave reviews.
Top Review by Miss Eve
It's a piece of Heaven! I made this yesterday and was thinking I'd share with my neice but after the first piece, Uh, Uh, I want it all for myself. I substituted Granny Smith apples because it's what I had. THANK YOU for this wonderful wonderful recipe.
- 591.47 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 354.88 ml oil
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml chopped english walnuts (can use pecans)
- 591.47 ml mcintosh apples, diced
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 340.19 g butter
- 473.18 ml brown sugar, packed
- 59.14 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- For Cake: Preheat oven to 350°. Cream sugar, eggs & oil. Add flour; mix till well blended. Add vanilla, nuts, and apples.
- Spread into lightly greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes till pick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and punch holes in top of cake and pour topping over all. Enjoy.
- Topping: Heat all together over medium heat. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Let boil about 5 minutes; remove from range and pour over warm cake.