Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is straight from a Bisquick ad in the paper today ! Serve it warm with whipped cream and dig in!
- 354.88 ml Bisquick
- 158.51 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml milk
- 2 medium apples, peeled and sliced (2 cups)
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 177.44 ml packed brown sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Mix Bisquick and granulated sugar, add milk and stir until blended.
- Pour into an ungreased 9x9x2" pan, top with apples, and sprinkle with lemon juice Mix brown sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle over apples.
- Next, pour boiling water over apples.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Not only does this dish fill your home with a tantalizing aroma as it bakes, it also follows through with a delicious taste. This was extremely easy to prepare, with ingredients already on hand. I used 2 normal-sized Granny Smith apples, which worked well. I served it at room temperature, with vanilla ice cream, and it was a big hit with my family. My only change was to bake it at 325F (I was using a glass dish). This will become a regular dessert in my house, I'm sure!
My 12 year old son made this and it was A big hit with the whole family
This was really good and eaten up really fast. I didnt have any lemon juice but it was still yummy.