Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came on the package of a new bundt pan...I haven't tried it, but it looks tasty
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups peeled thinly sliced apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -4 teaspoons milk
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts or 3 tablespoons pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F Generously grease and flour a 12 cup Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, blend all cake ingredients except nuts and raisins; beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Stir in nuts and raisins and spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake 45-55 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool upright in pan for 30 minutes; invert onto serving plate. Cool completely.
- In small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar; remove from heat.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla and milk; blend well.
- Immediately spoon over cake and sprinkle with nuts.