Recipe by Dotty2
This is my favorite cake. A rich,buttery apple cake. No need for icing. I make this cake very often. It can be served warm with a dollop of whipped cream, served cold or even frozen for later use .You will be handing out copies of this recipe.Recipe came from a Robin Hood cookbook.
Top Review by pennywilken
Rarely do I ever write the following words but must this time. First time making cake, I found it to be way too sweet. Crazy, I know. Second time making the cake, omitted the white chocolate and it was amazing!
- 118.29 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 473.18 ml peeled apples (diced or cut into small pieces)
- 113 g packagepackage chipits skor toffee pieces
- 78.07 ml flour
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml butter
- 113 g packagechipits skor toffee pieces
- 118.29 ml white chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, baking powder,baking soda and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream making 3 dry and 2 liquid additions. Fold in apples and skor Bits. Spread batter evenley in greased 13x9 cake pan.
- combine all topping ingredients, mixing until crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.