1/1 Photo of Caramel Apple Butter
4 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is posted by request-original poster is Mimi Hiller.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, core and chop apples.
- 2Add apples and water/applejuice into a large pot.
- 3Over medium high heat cook apples until just tender.
- 4Remove apples with a slotted spoon-puree using a food mill, food processor, whatever you have on hand. (discard fluid in pot).
- 5Return puree to pot.
- 6Add the sugar stirring well.
- 7Return to medium high heat-you want mixture to bubble.
- 8*Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently until butter is thick and has a spreadable consistency.
- 9Add the ginger, cloves and cinnamon, stirring well.
- 10Add the caramels.
- 11Turn the heat up to medium low, stirring constantly until caramels are melted.
- 12Ladle butter into clean hot jars leaving 1/2 inch head space. Seal.
- 13Process in a boiling water bath canner 10 minutes for pints, 5 minutes for half pints.
- 14*Using a frozen saucer place a spoonful of butter in center. If no rim of liquid forms, your butter is done.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apple Butter
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.7
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 78.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 105.3 g
- Protein 2.1 g