1/1 Photo of Caramel Apple Butter
4 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is posted by request-original poster is Mimi Hiller.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, core and chop apples.
- 2Add apples and water/applejuice into a large pot.
- 3Over medium high heat cook apples until just tender.
- 4Remove apples with a slotted spoon-puree using a food mill, food processor, whatever you have on hand. (discard fluid in pot).
- 5Return puree to pot.
- 6Add the sugar stirring well.
- 7Return to medium high heat-you want mixture to bubble.
- 8*Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently until butter is thick and has a spreadable consistency.
- 9Add the ginger, cloves and cinnamon, stirring well.
- 10Add the caramels.
- 11Turn the heat up to medium low, stirring constantly until caramels are melted.
- 12Ladle butter into clean hot jars leaving 1/2 inch head space. Seal.
- 13Process in a boiling water bath canner 10 minutes for pints, 5 minutes for half pints.
- 14*Using a frozen saucer place a spoonful of butter in center. If no rim of liquid forms, your butter is done.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apple Butter
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.7
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 78.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 105.3 g
- Protein 2.1 g