Recipe by Heart 'N Soul
A great Blend of two Fall favorites... Bread Pudding and Caramel Apples! You'll "Fall" in love!!! This recipe comes from a local TV program, Showcase Minnesota.
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 11 ounces caramel sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 cups cubed with bread
- 2 large braeburn apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- warm caramel topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 1 1/2 quart baking pan; set aside.
- In large saucepan, combine milk, caramel sauce and butter. Cook over medium heat until blended and butter is melted; remove from heat. Stir in bread and apples. Let cool for 10 minutes. Stir in eggs. Pour into greased baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, brown sugar and butter in medium bowl to a crumble; then stir in pecans. Sprinkle over top of partially baked pudding. Return to oven and bake 20-25 minutes longer or until apples are tender and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm topped with warm caramel, if desired.