Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
- Melt caramels with water in a covered double boiler or in a saucepan over low heat. Stir occasionally until sauce is smooth.
- Place bread cubes in greased 12x8 inch baking dish.
- Top with apple slices.
- Combine eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon; pour over apples.
- Sprinkle with raisins and walnuts.
- Cover with caramel sauce.
- Set dish in large pan on oven rack; pour in boiling water to 1/2 inch depth.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and outside edge comes out clean. Serve hot or cold.