Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is just awesome. Came from our recipe board at work.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 4 cups cubed white bread or 4 cups rolls
- 2 cups peeled thinly sliced apples
- 2 eggs, beaten
- additional ice cream topping or apples, slices or mint sprig (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Stir together the flour, brown sugar and butter until crumbly; add pecans and stir. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine milk, ice cream topping and butter.
- Cook over medium heat until blended and the butter is melted; remove from heat.
- Stir in the bread and apples.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in the eggs.
- Pour into the greased baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle topping over partially baked pudding.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until apples are tender and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with additional slightly heated caramel topping, sliced apples and mint sprigs.
I made this last night for some friends. It was awesome! I served it with some vanilla ice cream. This morning we had it for breakfast ;-) Yummy! I will be making this again, and again!