Recipe by sherri H
This recipe was in our local newspaper, i tried it and my kids went nuts!! They ask for it often now for a "treat".
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl,beat the yogurt,sugar,eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the flour,baking powder,baking soda and salt; add to yogurt mixture and beat untill just combined. Fold in apples and pecans.
- Pour into a 9x5x3 inch pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes or untill a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan,bring the brown sugar,butter and milk to a boil, stirring constantly. Cover and cook for 1 minute. Cool slightly. Spread over cooled bread. Let stand for 15 minutes.