Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Posting this recipe for safe keeping..DH's favorite
Make and share this Caramel Apple Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 25 -30 caramels (most of a 14-ounce bag)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (divided use)
- 1 cup butter (softened) or 1 cup margarine (softened)
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 3 peeled granny smith apples (cored and chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 (9x5 inch) loaf pans; set aside. Unwrap the caramels and using scissors, cut each into eight pieces. Toss with 1 T. of the flour in a small bowl to prevent them from sticking together; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. In another bowl, stir together the remaining flour, cinnamon and allspice. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and blend well. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the apples and caramel pieces. Divide evenly between the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 -20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack and then remove from pans.