Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These yummy cookies have an apple filling, then dipped in caramel and nuts.
Make and share this Caramel Apple Bites recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup chopped unpeeled apple
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- green toothpick
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a small saucepan, combine filling ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened; set aside to cool. In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add egg, vanilla and salt; beat well. Add flour; mix well. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Flatten each ball and place 1/4 teaspoon filling in center of each. Fold dough over filling and reshape into balls. Place 1 inch apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a saucepan over low heat, cook caramels and 2/3 cup evaporated milk, stirring occasionally, until caramels are melted. Insert a toothpick into each cookie and dip into caramel until completely coated. Dip bottoms into nuts. Place on wire racks to set.
- Makes about 3 dozen.
These were super yummy and a big hit. I added a little almond extract in with the vanilla and instead of dipping the cookies in the nuts I sprinkled the nuts on top of the cookies. I will make these again.
These cookies were delicious! Both my DD's loved them! I only got 1-1/2 dozen because I did make them bigger. Thanks looneytunes!