Recipe by Candace Michelle
A cross between apple pie, and strawberry shortcake in my opinion!
Top Review by ColCadsMom
Umm, what a treat! I used the apple juice instead of water to thicken the sauce. I didn't add the cinnamon...but might next time. The boys just loved this perfect Fall dessert! I used Splenda brown sugar and Smart Balance light butter, and no one could tell that it was slightly lighter. Wanted to make one of your recipes to thank you for making one of mine...and I'm so happy I chose a winner! Thanks so much for posting this!
- 6 Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits (southern style)
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, divided
- 2 granny smith apples, diced
- 1 teaspoon apple juice (or water)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake biscuts according to package directions.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of butter, oats, and 1/4 of each.
- sugar and place on top of biscuts. Return to oven and bake for 3 minutes.
- In a saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter; add apples and remaining 1/4 of each sugar. Cook until apples are tender.
- Combine apple juice (or water) and cornstarch. Add to apples and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Place biscuts on serving plates and spoon apples and caramel sauce on top. Goes excellent with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream! Sometimes I add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the oat and butter mixture for a twist!