Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chopped apple and cinnamon-sugar meet Grands biscuits in a fun, carameled apple treat! NOTE: you will need 12 popsicle craft sticks for this recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) package Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 medium apple, peeled, chopped (1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Place paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups.
- Cut each biscuit into 6 pieces; place in large bowl.
- Add butter, apple, granulated sugar and cinnamon; toss gently to mix.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pan.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat brown sugar and cream to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spoon warm icing over warm biscuit cups.
- Insert 1 craft stick into center of each biscuit cup.
These were delicious and so easy! I didn't have any whipping cream on hand for the icing, so I just used the skim milk I had in the fridge. The frosting was still delicious. All three of our kids enjoyed helping me make these, and everyone loved them. We will definitely make these again.